2013年7月9日 星期二

Putting parent exhaustion in perspective

For the first time in my 12 years of motherhood, I will openly admit I am overwhelmed. Call it a full-time work schedule, call it children being on summer vacation or just call it life in the year 2013, but there are not enough hours in the day, and I am finally throwing up my hands and surrendering.

When you come to my house, you will find piles of laundry mounting, both clean and dirty, school supplies that still need to be packed away from the last day of school and an empty fridge. Instead of stressing and pulling all-nighters for fear of anyone walking in the house and thinking I am the worst housekeeper on earth, I have finally come to the conclusion that it is what it is: My house is lived in.A range of portableremote fans for efficient exhaust ventilation.

After a full day of work, I come home and throw some food at my children, trying to make it as nutritional as possible. We sit down and shovel it in while trying to have a civil conversation and discussing the ever-changing schedule for the next day. Dishwasher loaded, clothes washer loaded, dryer loaded and children loaded into the tub carries us through the next few hours. By the time all are in bed there might be a brief conversation with my spouse before falling over from the day while waking sporadically reminding myself what I forgot to do today and what I need to do tomorrow.China systemfeatures manufacturer supply elevator light curtain.
I am not complaining. I love my life. And I find having any downtime completely boring. Living a life with a spouse who is helpful and hands-on and still being behind and exhausted has made me respect and appreciate every single parent out there.

I have many friends who do the same thing I do every day but on their own, without that other half, to have the special man-to-man talks with their sons, without someone to remember to pick up milk at the store. Those parents, both moms and dads, are my superheroes.

The energy they have seems endless and yet they never complain. Somehow they manage to get children to multiple sporting events on the same day on their own, a feat I still haven’t figured out even with the help of another adult.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in November 2009 there were about 13.7 million single parents in the United States, and those parents were responsible for raising 21.8 million children. The circumstances around single parenting ranged from divorce, never married and widowed. No matter what the circumstance, these parents do the work of two people.

Losing sleep, counting macaroni and cheese as a dairy product and wearing wrinkled clothes are all part of being a parent.

Granted, some times during the year it is a little more difficult, like now during summer vacation when the children are home creating more of a mess, shouting cries of boredom and calling your office for more emergencies (in their eyes) than 911 receives.

However, we always survive with the help of our friends and family, who don’t bat an eye at the full sink of dishes when they walk into your home, who encourage you to just let it go.

Thanks to the encouragement I have received lately, I have realized I will never be a superhero,Learn more about our high capacity antiquelampas today! and any time I think I have it bad I need to remember my heroes out there who are doing it on their own, and instead of feeling sorry for myself it is time to lend a hand to someone else instead. More information about the program is available on the web site at www.mylamplo.com.

沒有留言:

張貼留言